We reward young people saving money.
Everyone wants their children to study hard and learn the importance of saving and spending money wisely. At UniWyo Credit Union we help teach these things in a lighter, more fun way. Our youth savings accounts feature a lot of fun stuff - like prizes for deposits, rewards for good grades, and an extra five bucks on each birthday.
WyoWrangler Savings Accounts for Kids
- This savings account is available to kids from birth to age 10.
- One Cowboy Buck can be earned for every deposit made. The Bucks are then used to purchase items from the UniWyo WyoShop.
- There is an annual birthday match of $5. A coloring page is mailed to the young person. After they color it in, they can bring it in to any UniWyo branch and we will match up to a $5 deposit.
- Checking accounts for children can be added to help teach savvy spending and include all the bells and whistles, like a free Visa debit card and ATM access.
- Kids can save more with a 0.50% APY (Annual Percentage Yield) bump on new Share Certificates.*
- Continue to grow their savings and add to a Youth Share Certificate at any time!*
- The WyoWrangler account will convert to a WyoCash Account on a child's 11th birthday.
WyoCash Savings Accounts
- This youth savings account is available to young people ages 11 to 18.
- There is an annual birthday match of $5. A birthday postcard is mailed to the account holder. They can bring it in to any UniWyo branch and we will match up to a $5 deposit.
- For students in sixth grade and above, UniWyo offer rewards for good grades. $2 is awarded for every 'A' and one Cowboy Buck is awarded for every 'B.' (Students must present their report cards to collect their reward.)
- Young people can save more for their future with a 0.50% APY (Annual Percentage Yield) increase when they open a new Share Certificate.*
- Addtional depostis can be made to Youth Share Certificate at any time to help their savings grow!*
- Cowboy Bucks are also awarded for deposits. The Bucks can be exchanged for gift cards or items from the UniWyo WyoShop.
- Add a kid's checking account, with all the usual benefits like a free Visa debit card and ATM access, to help teach savvy spending.